War of Preternia
The Rise of Eternia
As mercenaries, the party finds themselves drawn into an epic power struggle between a Coalition under the leadership of Jarod, a mighty warlord, and alien, offworld invaders desiring to conquer all of Preternia.
Timeline from Past to Present
Here is a hypothetical timeline of the history of the planet Eternia. The calendar is based upon the founding of the planetary, monarchial government of Eternia, with Year 0 being the date of the planetary monarchy’s foundation by King Jarod.
- 10 billion years before Year 0: Big Bang creates the known universe that contains Eternia, the planet Earth, and countless other worlds. Eternia soon after forms at center of known universe. Beginning of Preternia.
- 100,000 to 10,000 years before Year 0: Humans and other races evolve and emerge on Eternia: Skytree and the dragon Granamyr are both born during this time.
- 10,000 to zero years before Year 0: war between Various civilizations (both human and non-human) of Ancient Ones rise and fall during this time.
- 10,000 to 5000 years before Year 0: First Ones and other Eternian people leave Eternia via magical space portals for a new world, the planet Etheria.
- 8000 to 5000 years before Year 0: worship of the Goddess becomes the dominant faith on Eternia.
- 4555 to 4498 years before Year 0: war between Eternia’s humans and Dragons led by Granamyr.
- 3000 to 2500 years before Year 0: ancient city depicted in the episode Keeper of the Ancient Ruins is first built, along with it’s robotic guardians, and for several centuries is a leading Ancient One civilization until it’s finally abandoned around five centuries after it was first built.
- 3000 to 100 years before Year 0: the Ape Clan and the Snake Clan gradually become the strongest human nations on Eternia.
- 40 years before Year 0: events in the episode The Time Corridor occur.
- 35 years before Year 0: birth of King Jarod, son of Zilora, female leader of the Snake Clan.
- 11 Years before Year 0: Coalition of human and non-human nations under leadership of Jarod, including the Snake Clan, the Ape Clan, and remnants of Ancient One societies, wages war against alien, offworld invaders desiring to conquer Eternia.
- 10 Years before Year 0: Jarod begins recruiting mercenary groups to take on increasing dangerous missions.
This is a story of one such group, known as the Battlemasters.